I love the new year because it’s a great time to start over and start something new. I have a big list of things I want to accomplish in the new year, and a lot of those things involve my blog. I’m currently working on some stuff behind-the-scenes for the blog, and I can’t wait to share with y’all! Today, I thought it would be fun to share a list of 20 things to do for your blog in 2016, and yes, I will be doing all of these (that I’m not already doing).
1. Update your “About Me” page
2. Clean up your sidebar from unnecessary clutter
3. Change your blog theme (if you’re on WP, both of these ladies are great – Restored316 and Pretty Darn Cute)
4. Find some stock photos that you can incorporate in your blog
5. Double check all the links on your blog to make sure they work (if you’re on WP, Broken Link Checker is great)
6. Add a “Start Here” page (read here for more about the difference on Start Here vs About Me)
7. Make a Resources page that features other bloggers – you help them and your readers (see Ginger & Books’ resource page here)
8. Update your blog’s mission statement for the new year
9. Find five new, badass bloggers to follow in the new year. Create relationships with them, share their content, love on them. You’ll see awesome things.
10. Start scheduling your social media in advance (I use Sendible.com for this)
11. If you already schedule your social media, change up your scheduling pattern and time.
12. Make sure all your social media pictures match – profile for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, G+, Pinterest, and cover photo for Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
13. Join a Mastermind/support group on facebook
14. Join a Twitter chat
Want to make 2016 your best blog year ever? Here are 20 things to do in the new year! Click To Tweet
15. If you can afford it – take an e-course from a blogger you admire
16. If an e-course isn’t in your budget, pick up a few e-books. There is still plenty to learn.
17. Experiment with your blog post scheduling process
18. Create a blog post process that you can follow (mine is here)
And finally, number twenty:
While blogging can be a business, you need to remember to have fun.
If you’re still preparing for 2016, be sure to check some other things to do to prepare for the new year. Most of these tips today can be done in the new year, but the other list is things to do beforehand.