This post contains affiliate links, which help support Ginger & Co.
Man, talk about a year. As I’m in the last quarter of the year, it’s weird to think about how I’ll define this year. 2018, the year I had a job the whole year and the year I read all of J.D. Robb’s series. I’ve got sixteen books left as I write this post, and I’ll probably sprinkle in a few non-Robb books. I have a surplus of Book of the Month books I need to read and right now, the book I’m reading is from my Book of the Month box, Sweet Little Lies.
I like to add a new book in after every few books to make sure I don’t get too hooked into the Robb way of writing. And mark my words, y’all, I will go through a reading depression when I finish this book series. Either way, I read a lot in the third quarter as I struggled with changes in my job and my living situation. I didn’t do a lot of writing, so I picked up a lot of books. I’m expecting I’ll clock in about 75 books read this whole year.
Because all the In Death books are awesome and I love them all, I’m not going to break down each one. The other books I’ve read, I’m giving quick snippets.
- Big Jack by J.D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J.D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J.D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis – if I’m honest, this book wasn’t as inspiring as I was hoping. It was nice and she has a great writing style, but I didn’t feel any more compelled to wash my face after.
- Still Lives I’ll admit, I don’t really remember this book at all. Oops.
- Origins in Death by J.D. Robb
- Memory in Death by J.D. Robb
- Born in Death by J.D. Robb
- Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks – this book is a tie-in for the tv show Younger. While I liked the light-heartedness of it all, it’s hard to cheer for the main character when she’s the woman in the way in the TV show.
- Innocent in Death by J.D. Robb
- Creation in Death by J.D. Robb
- finished Creation in Death by J.D. Robb
- A Simple Favor by Darcey Bell – This is the book that was based on the movie and it was just as weird and as crazy as the movie. You’ve been warned if you pick it up.
- Strangers in Death by J.D. Robb
- Salvation in Death by J.D. Robb
- True Fiction by Lee Goldberg – the author, Lee Goldberg, wrote a bunch of books with Janet Evanovich. It’s interesting to see his writing style by itself and it’s a great little story. A best-selling author realizes all these crazy end-of-the-world scenarios he helped the US government create, all those scenarios are coming true. There’s a sequel coming out in 2019, and I’ll be sure to pick it up.
- Promises in Death by J.D. Robb
I can’t lie, I’m surprised I only read eighteen books this quarter. I’ve got a lot more reading to do the rest of the year if I want to finish sixteen more books. After I publish my next story in November, I’ll probably take the rest of the year off from writing to just read. Tell me, what are some of the books you’ve enjoyed lately?