I’m back to doing the monthly goals because I realized that I focus more than I do with quarterly goals. Monthly goals mean I have to check in with myself more often than not, and I really need some personal responsibility this month. Starting with the fact that it’s literally a third into the month already and I haven’t even posted these.
I’ll be honest, I’ve misfired on every cylinder so far this year. That’s a frustrating thing to admit, especially out loud (or on the internet). During the two weeks I wasn’t working, I took at look at my goals so far and what was important to get accomplished this year.
A lot of them were based on my pen name. That pen name and the books I write are what I want out of my life, more than anything right now. Which is why all those goals are so important to me.
Now, when I broke down my goals, I broke them down by month and quarter. I focused on each core quadrant of my life and set some ambitious goals for all of this. I guess now is the time I share those all.
- lose some weight
- quit spending money on vending at work (they have healthy snacks, I want to spend all the money)
- organize the !ToFile notebook in Evernote
- Go to the gym 13x this month (and that includes figuring out how to fit it in my new work schedule)
- Save $400 (moving is expensive)
- Continue with training
Ginger & Co. Goals
- New design
- the remaining 2015 images for blog posts
- write some Evergreen posts for when I don’t have other things to say
- rebuild my newsletter
Laura Teagan Goals
- Finish Cameras & Confessions (tentative title)
- Rewrite Alibis and Airtime
- rebuild my website (I took it down cause I thought it looked bad)
- email funnel, especially with new series in the works
- Finish Big Jack by J.D. Robb
- Divided in Death by J.D. Robb
- Visions in Death by J.D. Robb
- Survivor in Death by J.D. Robb
- Still Lives by Maria Hummel (I got this from Book of the Month)
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are so You can Become Who You were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis (Got this one at Amazon Books)