This post contains affiliate links which help support Ginger & Co.
Let’s forget about April showers because it literally rained almost every day in February. I’m feeling very much over the rain lately, even though we need it here in Austin. Life is feeling good lately. Work is going well and last week I found out that I’d shredded 5% of my body fat in four months, in addition to adding 6 pounds of muscle. With life going so well, I’ve definitely been loving a few things lately.
1. Half-Priced Books: HPB is a second-hand bookstore chain in Texas (and I think a few other places). There are four different locations in a 10-mile radius from my apartment, and I’ve been stalking HBP as I continue reading the In Death series.
2. This Ikea Bookshelf: As I started hoarding books, I needed more bookshelf space. This bookshelf is $30 and super easy to assemble, once you figure out you figure out you grabbed the wrong shelf to assemble first.
3. OPI’s Infinite Shine Nail Polish: Currently, I’m obsessing over the nude color, because it’s just perfect for everything. Wore this color to a job interview and I wear it to work every day because it works so well.
4. The Heather Well Series: Since I’m working on a book that’s much lighter than The Cassie Morgan Series, I’ve turned back to my favorite Meg Cabot series. These books are mysteries, but they’re mysteries with heart and humor. They’re also quick reads, which is nice. Now, if only Meg Cabot would write some more of them.
5. These Planner Glue Pens: So, one thing I’ve really worked on this year with my Day Designer is adding notes. Days that I do batch work, I’ll grab a little cute sticky and write all those blog posts on it. With the Planner Glue Pen, I can actually get it to stay in my Day Designer (washi tape, unfortunately, does not work well), and I feel like it makes my planner a little prettier.
6. These Stickers to go with my Planner: Lately, I’ve really been focused on going to the gym and doing weights, a lot. Like, in February I went 13 days out of 28. That’s literally almost half.
During my doctor’s appointment at the beginning of the month, I did this weird scale thing that measures your overall weight, your muscle mass, and your body fat. Since October, I’ve put on 6 pounds of muscle and lost 5% of my body fat – which for someone who never thought she would lose weight, that’s big.
These little workout stickers are on a lot of pages in my planner so far this year.
7. Macbook Pro Gestures: If you have a Macbook Pro (or any Mac with a trackpad), you can do a buttload of cool things with that trackpad. I’ve really been diving into those gestures and finding out just how powerful that trackpad really is.