Well hi, it’s been a few weeks. A few long weeks away from the blog. I’ll admit, during that time, I seriously considered not coming back. I thought about what would happen if I just stopped. For a moment, it sounded nice. Then this past weekend, I realized that this place is a creative outlet for me. As a creative person, I need outlets and this is a different outlet that allows me to be a little truer to myself than writing fiction does.
So, I’ll still be here – though I don’t know what the future holds. I do know what the past was like, and I’ll be honest – February sucked. It was cloudy the entire month and cold. Seasonal Affective Disorder continues to whoop my ass this winter and I’m so over it. I miss the sun and the warm seasons.
I got burned hard on a dating app, and it left me a little shaky of this whole situation. I took some time off and I’m slowly dipping my toe back in, but I will not make that same mistake again.
Then last weekend, the check engine light came on in my car. After taking it to the mechanic, I got the worst news. It’s time to say goodbye to my beloved Sonata. This car is the car I learned how to drive on. I had my first kiss in this car and this car made so many road trips through Texas. Now, this car is a rolling death trap at this point, so it’ll be a bittersweet moment to let it go.
Either way, February proved to be a month that just kicked me in the ass over and over again. While I got back up, I still spent a lot of time getting knocked down.
Even though it’s super cold outside, I’m hoping that by the end of March, we’ll fully be in spring.
So how did I do on my goals last month? Pretty shitty.
- Lose those five pounds I gained back during the holidays
- go to the gym 12 times
- close your rings every day (I always miss, like, one day) (I did so well on this until National Margarita Day, which is like, February 25th)
- donate a box of clothes you have
book new appointments with a few doctors I need to see
- go on two dates
Career & Money Goals
- save $300
- Beat my coworker for the top performer bonus
- 100% QA score at work
apply for three jobs
- buy LauraToeniskoetter.com back as soon as it’s available – tomorrow.
Laura Teagan Goals
- Finish edits on Airtime and Alibis
- do one final readthrough and spell check on the book
- Finalize the book cover
- make to-do list for release
- get all the characters in Evernote
- start rewrites on the second book in the series
We’re getting real close to releasing a book and oh my gosh, I’m getting anxious
Ginger and Co. goals
- get all of February’s posts done this weekend
- write four newsletters, so every weekend
- Launch the Facebook group for reals
Yeah, February was hard. Super hard. But it’s a new month and I’m working hard to stay on top of the negatives and the weather (it’s currently 29 degrees outside) and trying to stay focused. So here’s to March and the goals I hope to finish.
- lose 7 pounds
- close your rings every. single. day.
- buy a car
- get a wedding present for the first wedding next month
career and money goals
- three job applications, including one at my current employer
- new portfolio website
- save some money after buying said car
laura teagan goals
- finish the last round of edits for Airtime and Alibis
- cover reveal for Airtime and Alibis
- do one final readthrough
- release the book
- make a launch plan this weekend
- start rewriting the next book
ginger and co. goals
- post consistently
- schedule april pins
- the blogging resources page
- the productivity resources page
- redo the evernote starter’s guide
This past weekend, I cleaned out my planner, got it reorganized and I’m going to make a commitment to look at it every night while I work. When I was at my grandparents’ house, I got real used to crawling into bed early at night. It’s been a conscious effort to make sure I sit down or stand up and continue working at my desk when I get home from work.
So here is to March and the hope I can finally get productive again.