We’re already two and a half weeks into 2018 and so far, I can say this year has been pretty great. This is the first year since college that I’ve had a job at the beginning of the year (though I’ve really only been out of college for two years), but it feels nice to still have a place to go to every day.
On a cold day back in December (no joke, it actually snowed for a few hours that day) I sat down to think about what I wanted out of the new year. I set a ten-minute timer, made a new note in Evernote and started tackling what I wanted out of the year. After ten minutes, I had quite a few goals, so I figured I needed to stop while they were still reasonable.
I tend to break my life up into four different areas: my personal life, my career, Laura Teagan, and finally Ginger & Co., this blog. Each one has a specific set of goals and I sincerely do hope to accomplish all of these goals, or at least most of them.
My Goals for 2018
- Lose 25 pounds
- Lose another 25 pounds
- read 30 books this year
- have $2000 in savings by the end of June
- have $5000 in savings by the end of the year
- pay off at least one credit card
- Find a new job
- or get a full-time job where I’m currently contracting
- publish Justice & Lies
- publish Hit List
- write three short stories
- possibly publish short story one
- make some big changes to the Laura Teagan website so it works better
- create an editorial schedule for the website
- begin using Facebook ads to build my mailing list
- grow said mailing list to 100 people (which you can sign-up for here if you’re interested in book updates)
Ginger & Co.
- keep posting on a regular basis!
- Start doing guest posts on other blogs to raise Ginger & Co.’s visibility
- promote more guest post options here on Ginger & Co. (wanna guest post? Here you go)
- release an e-book
- publish one new email series
- make sure all my autoresponders work
- start pitching companies to work with them
- turn Ginger & Co. profitable enough that it pays for itself instead of my job paying for it
Of course, I’ll continue to do quarterly goal posts here on the blog to get a little more specific on each goal. My reading and writing goals are also over on Laura Teagan where I do goal posts every month.
What are your goals for 2018?