April is here and it brings the second quarter of the year with it. A few weeks ago, I talked about how I had basically misfired when it came to my first quarter goals and I’ll be honest, I still feel like I’m misfiring.
Over the past few weeks, I’ve had a hard time. I was on a medication to help with my acne. It’s a powerful medication and my doctor wants to do blood work before refilling my prescription and due in part to my misunderstanding, I didn’t realize I’d be basically going through some kind of hormonal withdraw by not getting to the doctor’s soon enough.
Now that I’m feeling better, I’m ready to get back to work. I’ve got a slew of goals that I’ve got my eye on, and if I stopped rearranging my furniture I’d probably get them done!
Before I share what I have up my sleeve for quarter two, I do want to look back on quarter one, just to see if I managed to get anything done.
- Read 10 books (you can stay up to date with my reading on Laura Teagan’s site) x
- lose 15 pounds, about 5 pounds a month
- Save at least $300 throughout each month
- Continue going to the gym four times a week x
- New work schedule (I no longer will have to work up at 5:30 in the morning)! x
- Redo my resume x
- Begin applying for jobs both at my contracting company and elsewhere x
- Get a job that is actually permanent
GINGER & CO.
- write all my content for Q1 in February
- make sure that all my sign-up forms in blog posts are set-up properly with opt-ins
- potentionally a new email series
- build my subscriber list on my emails
- finish new images for 2016 blog posts
- Finish Hit List x
- Begin working on a new short story series x
- build up that email list
- if I get a permanent job, I might begin dabbling in Facebook ads
- finish edits on my website
Okay, so I did better than I anticipated. One of my managers likes to always talk about “slinging paint on the wall to see what sticks.” I kind of feel like that described my goals and my attempts to actually do them.
But it’s a brand new day and a brand new quarter, so I’m putting that all behind me and moving forward. So what’s on my list for quarter two? Well….
- Finish my portfolio website
- Adjust resume (it’s an ongoing process)
- get badged
- or get a full-time job.
My contract actually ends this quarter, so I have to do something.
- $2000 in savings by the end of June (I’m a little more than halfway there)
- Scan through some of that paper file
- Clean out Evernote account
- Lose some weight
- continue going to the gym
GINGER & CO
- All of Q2 Evergreen content done by the end of April
- Get something going for the darn email list
- New email series?
- Finish 2016 images
- New opt-in (I have an idea!)
- Finish short story #1
- Write short story #2
- write short story #3
- edit short story #1
- promote your mailing list!
It’s now or never as I’m gonna hit it hard and make this quarter my own! Well, at least that’s the plan.
What are some of your goals for this quarter?