It’s a big week here in Austin, at least for me. We just moved desks at work over the weekend, so I’m still readjusting to a new desk and later this week, I’m moving into my new house! I’m excited to have a new place (we’ll be the first people to live in the townhouse) and to have a desk again. I don’ t know how many times I harp on this, but not having a desk has really hurt my creativity.
Either way, y’all, I am so ready to kick this year off and get to work. I broke down my yearly goals last week, but today, I want to recap December 2018 and look specifically at this month!
December was my “catch up and show up” month to take care of a lot of administrative details of both Ginger & Co. and Laura Teagan. I got a lot of those done, so I’m feeling pretty good. There were a lot of goals last month.
Lose those extra seven pounds– no joke, I lost five pounds between my birthday and Christmas! I might have gained all of those back during Christmas week though. apply for the new apartment
- close all my activity rings every single day – I missed two days at my parents’ house!
cut my haira foot of hair gone! get my car inspected
CAREER AND MONEY GOALS
- Save $700
- One Job Interview
Keep paying bills ahead of schedule Earn your incentive again
BOOKS TO READ
Devoted in Death Brotherhood in Death Apprentice in Death Echoes in Death Secrets in Death Dark in Death Leverage in Death
After I read all these, I’ll be done with the series!
LAURA TEAGAN GOALS
- Organize Evernote database
Set up stats tracker for Laura Teagan’s website
- New Autoresponder series
- Start going through “Ads for Authors” course I bought two and a half years ago
Instagram calendar Content Calendar for Laura Teagan
- Social Media Calendar
- Mailing list
Tailwind pins for Q1 Update Landing pages on the website
GINGER & CO. GOALS
- 11 blog posts (all those end of the year recaps)
- update SmarterQueue for 2019
Tailwind pins for Q1 Content Calendar for Q1
- Content Upgrades and Opt-ins
- update sign-up and landing pages
- update contributor posts and pages
- start updating old posts again, specifically images for July and June 2015
I did pretty good for the month, I’d say. Not everything was accomplished, but I had a pretty aggressive list of goals. January will feature changes to my job, a big move to a new place, and hopefully rewrite the book I’m working on.
January 2019 Goals
- lose five pounds
- close your Activity rings every. single. day.
- cancel your gym membership
- join new gym closer to new place
- move into your new place!
Career & Money Goals
- Earn a top performer bonus
- get sales trained
- save $450
- get to $2,000 in savings
Laura Teagan Goals
- Rewrite Airtime and Alibis
- Get characters into Evernote
- Write all the important Quarter One Content
- Redo my autoresponders
- Ads for Authors course
- Book cover!
- Build my 2019 reading lit
- develop the 404 page for Laura Teagan
- social media calendar
- The Couple Next Door
- For Better and Worse
- An Anonymous Girl
After the intense reading month I had in December, I’m taking a little of a detox from the crazy amount of reading I did and focusing on other things.
Ginger & Co. Goals
- Write all the evergreen Quarter One content
- New Design
- Newsletter Calendar
- Begin scheduling pins for April
- Instagram Quotes for Q1
This is still a pretty ambitious list, and I’m really leaning into the hope that I’ll spend most nights up at my desk, not in bed. If I get most of this done, I will be so happy to start the year off right. Tell me, what are your goals this month?